Needed: Creative Kitchen & Bathroom / Interior Designer working in Plymouth / Canton / Northville / Novi areas for Plymouth Based Remodeling Company
Established residential remodeling company seeks experienced qualified kitchen & bath design individual for medium to high end remodeling projects. This is an Independent Contractor position
for kitchen and bathroom complete remodeling projects and ADA/ Special Needs projects. Experience in design and sales of kitchen & bath work, remodeling and general residential remodeling knowledge is required.
Kitchen / Bathroom / Interior Design responsibilities:
- Work directly with owner and customer in designing remodeling projects that meet the customers’ needs staying within their budget
- Design kitchens, bathrooms, bars, entertainment systems etc. using 20/20 or ProKitchen software
- Prepare accurate construction drawings, elevations, perspective, and final documents
- Knowledge in tile design and layout, with ability to show accurate design to customer and trades
- Ability to take design work and gather quotes for trades; i.e., countertops, flooring, lighting
Qualified candidates must have previous kitchen/bath design experience and able to thrive in a team environment. Sales skills and project management are highly desirable but not required.
We are looking for highly organized professional individuals that are passionate about design, creative problem solvers, and success driven.
The ideal Kitchen/Bath Designer will also have:
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor Degree in Interior Design preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience creating designs with 20/20 or ProKitchen software
- Portfolio demonstrating design skills and ability to use 20/20 or ProKitchen software
- NKBA certification, a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience using outlook email
- Excellent written, verbal communication and typing skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate professionally with staff and customers in a courteous, tactful and concise manner
Commission (Independent contractor)