If you are a disabled service member or veteran, you may be eligible for the SAH Grant to modify your home.
As someone who has a service-connected disability, there may be funds available to you to help you live independently in a barrier-free home.
Would you like to have a more accessible house? One that would be more enjoyable and easy for you to use? If you qualify, you could have that.
Stella Contracting is one of the oldest home remodeling contractors in the Plymouth, MI area. Our specialty is handicap accessible remodeling for veterans and non-veterans, alike. We can help you get the home you need in Plymouth, Canton, Northville, Livoni, Northville, Novi, Farmington, Ann Arbor and surrounding areas.
Who is eligible?
According to the Veterans Administration, Veterans or Service members with permanent and total service-connected disability, who have experienced one or more of the following conditions:
- Loss of or loss of use of both legs, OR
- Loss of or loss of use of both arms, OR
- Blindness in both eyes having only light perception, plus loss of or loss of use of one leg, OR
- The loss of or loss of use of one lower leg together with residuals of organic disease or injury, OR
- The loss of or loss of use of one leg together with the loss of or loss of use of one arm, OR
- Certain severe burns, OR
- The loss, or loss of use of one or more lower extremities due to service on or after September 11, 2001, which so affects the functions of balance or propulsion as to preclude ambulating without the aid of braces, crutches, canes, or a wheelchair (Restrictions apply for this item.)
You most also be permanently living in your home and must be owned by the eligible person. Also, you can get a maximum of 3 grants, up to the maximum dollar amount allowed.
Call us at 734-459-7111 to learn more about how you can get help remodeling your home.
How much is the Grant?
The SAH Grant benefit for Veterans and Servicemembers is set by law. The amount an eligible individual can recieve may vary from year to year, as it can be raised on an annual basis to compensate for construction costs.
For the fiscal year 2017, the maximum benefit amount is $77,307. It also should be noted that no individual may use the grant benefit more than three times and can never use more than the maximum amount allowed.
Finally, in certain situations, such as a Veteran or Servicemember temporarily living in a home that is owned by a member of their family, an individual can still get a grant. However, the maximum amount allowed is $33,937.
SAH Grant Program contractor
Call us today at 734-459-7111 to schedule a consultation.
Stella Contracting is proud to serve the veterans and service members who so selflessly served our country. We know that if you have the right home for your specific needs, your life will be more enjoyable, easier and much more fulfilling. We would be honored to help you have that.
With over 60 years of experience in home remodeling, accessible design and construction, and a specific focus on accessible remodeling. Stella Contracting has the skills and knowledge to remodel your existing house to make it the home you need, which is required by the VA SAH Grant Program (United States Department of Veterans Affairs Specially Adapted Housing Grant Program).
Call us at 734-459-7111 today. We can help you with questions about the Grant Program remodel.
SAH Grant to cover these items
The VA SAH Grant is specifically to help make your home easier to live in. Here are just a few of the features the SAH Grant can cover:
- Covered porches, ramps & walkways
- Garages, carports & passageways
- Doors, windows, flooring materials & security items
- Concrete or asphalt walkways, sliding doors
- Handrails, grab bars
- Other home remodeling.
Our professional home contractors will help educate you about what is covered, identify changes you need to make based on your specific needs, then do the work in your home. (More about the SAH Grant.)
Veteran home remodeling
At Stella, we can help your home raise your quality of life. For many, this can be a few changes. For others, perhaps a more complex remodel. Some of the things we can do in your home, include:
- Main floor living remodeling
- Accessible master suite home additions
- Accessible sidewalks, ramps
- Widening doorways and hallways
- Installing grab bars and handrails
- Wheelchair accessible bathrooms
- Accessible kitchens
- Roll-in or zero-threshold showers
- Walk-in showers
Stella Contracting award winning and fully insured, is a Certified Kitchen and Bath Designer (National Kitchen and Bath Association. NBKA) and Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS). Also, members of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI).
Contact us today at 734-459-7111
SAH Grant information and video courtesy of U.S. Department of Verterans Affairs