We understand that the remodeling process may be new to you, and we’re here to help every step of the way.
Our Remodeling Process Is Easy As 1‑2‑3
- Phone Consultation & Meeting
- Field Measurements & Design Proposal
- Contract & Completion
We are dedicated to creating the perfect living space for you and your family. Our experience in the building trades assures you the best return on your investment dollar.
We give our remodeling process the same attention to detail and quality you’ve come to expect from Stella Contracting. The following progression, from initial call – through design – to completion, outlines the process you can expect during a Stella Contracting kitchen remodeling project.
- Phone Consultation
Together we determine the services that you need, and how Stella Contracting can help you complete your project.
- Initial Design & Planning Meeting
We meet with you at your job site (about 1 hour) to cover the remodeling process (including cabinetry, countertops, lighting and budgeting for your project), and to set an appointment to take field measurements.
- Field Measurements
We visit your job site to discuss your wants, needs, materials, and budget. We take the initial measurements for your project, and set an appointment to present our remodeling design proposal. Our Certified Kitchen Designer will request that you shop and budget for appliances, flooring, tile, fixtures and any other items that will work into your budget.
- Remodeling Design Proposal
We meet with you at your home to review the new remodeling design proposal (including perspectives and floorplan). Once accepted, we review the remodeling design proposal amount (including all allowances), and accept your payment of our remodeling design retainer at that time (3% of contract or $500). All payments are credited towards the final contract amount.
- Contract Phase
The contract phase phase of your project begins upon receipt of our remodeling design retainer, and kicks off a series of events.
- Our Designer field checks your project with a Stella Contracting Production Manager and all necessary mechanical contractors to verify specifications and measurements.
- We prepare your contract (including all necessary materials, manufacturers and models).
- We issue your final contract, amount and payment schedule.
- We obtain your contract signature and deposit before placing special orders.
- We verify contract selections, place all necessary special orders, and schedule a pre‑construction meeting with you (approximately 1 week prior to construction).
- We review any of your special needs during a pre‑construction meeting, establish an on‑site communication center, and turn your project over to a certified Stella Contracting Production Manager.
- Our Production Manager verifies all materials are on your job site or held in our warehouse before your project starts. Construction begins on your project according to the contracted work and payment schedule.
- Project Completion
Our Production Manager fills out the Stella Contracting Pre‑Completion Checklist and obtains your signature before establishing the final punch‑list.
Once completed, the final punch‑list becomes the project completion document at which time the final construction payment is due.
We invite you to talk to our customers, or visit our jobs in progress. You’ll see what we’ve done and what we can do for you.
Thank you for your business and for putting your trust in Stella Contracting!