Our Remodeling Process
We understand that the remodeling process may be new to you, and we’re here to help every step of the way.
Our Remodeling Process Is Easy As 1‑2‑3
- Phone Consultation & Meeting
- Field Measurements & Design Proposal
- Contract & Completion
We are dedicated to creating the perfect living space for you and your family. Our experience in the building trades assures you the best return on your investment dollar.
We give our remodeling process the same attention to detail and quality you’ve come to expect from Stella Contracting. The following progression, from initial call – through design – to completion, outlines the process you can expect during a Stella Contracting kitchen remodeling project.
- Phone Consultation
Together we determine the services that you need, and how Stella Contracting can help you complete your project.
- Initial Design & Planning Meeting
We meet with you at your job site (about 1 hour) to cover the remodeling process (including cabinetry, countertops, lighting and budgeting for your project), and to set an appointment to take field measurements.
- Field Measurements
We visit your job site to discuss your wants, needs, materials, and budget. We take the initial measurements for your project, and set an appointment to present our remodeling design proposal. Our Certified Kitchen Designer will request that you shop and budget for appliances, flooring, tile, fixtures and any other items that will work into your budget.
- Remodeling Design Proposal
We meet with you at your home to review the new remodeling design proposal (including perspectives and floorplan). Once accepted, we review the remodeling design proposal amount (including all allowances), and accept your payment of our remodeling design retainer at that time (3% of contract or $500). All payments are credited towards the final contract amount.
- Contract Phase
The contract phase phase of your project begins upon receipt of our remodeling design retainer, and kicks off a series of events.
- Our Designer field checks your project with a Stella Contracting Production Manager and all necessary mechanical contractors to verify specifications and measurements.
- We prepare your contract (including all necessary materials, manufacturers and models).
- We issue your final contract, amount and payment schedule.
- We obtain your contract signature and deposit before placing special orders.
- We verify contract selections, place all necessary special orders, and schedule a pre‑construction meeting with you (approximately 1 week prior to construction).
- We review any of your special needs during a pre‑construction meeting, establish an on‑site communication center, and turn your project over to a certified Stella Contracting Production Manager.
- Our Production Manager verifies all materials are on your job site or held in our warehouse before your project starts. Construction begins on your project according to the contracted work and payment schedule.
- Project Completion
Our Production Manager fills out the Stella Contracting Pre‑Completion Checklist and obtains your signature before establishing the final punch‑list.
Once completed, the final punch‑list becomes the project completion document at which time the final construction payment is due.
We invite you to talk to our customers, or visit our jobs in progress. You’ll see what we’ve done and what we can do for you.
Thank you for your business and for putting your trust in Stella Contracting!
What our customers say
We moved to Michigan recently and hired Stella Contracting to remodel the severely dated kitchen in the house we bought. I have nothing but good things to say about Jeff Stella and his crew. Working with Jeff to keep costs down, yet get a fabulous kitchen re-do, we found him to be unfailingly helpful and patient. He made suggestions, but was never pushy and his ideas and those of his people were always just right. The workers were always on time, were great to work with, and followed up to make sure we were happy with the results. I would definitely recommend Stella Contracting for any of your remodeling needs, and I will use them in the future as we decide how else to improve our home.
L. Zelda ~ Northville, MI
Just wanted to let you know how pleased we are with the Kitchen. We absolutely love all of it - the final product is exactly how we imagined it!! The dimmer switches are in and the dividers were dropped off Wednesday. The rebate was also a pleasant surprise!
Tom & Betty ~ Plymouth, MI
The bathroom is great! Jeff and his subcontractors did an amazing job - perfect! If/when I have remodeling needs, I will definitely consider Stella Contracting again. We have been dealing with the company for 20+years and have only praise for their work.
Page C. ~ Canton, MI
Just checking in to let you know how pleased I am with the results of the laundry room repair. All your guys were polite, efficient and thorough. Everything is in working order and it looks good, too. I appreciate all you did to make the project go so smoothly. Thank you very much.
Loraine W. ~ Plymouth, MI
Home Remodeling in Southeast Michigan for over 60 years
Bathrooms | Kitchens | Aging in Place | Handicap Accessibility | Home Additons
Best of Houzz 2019 - Client Satisfaction
Stella Contracting Inc. has been recognized for meeting high standards of customer service in home remodeling twice in the last few years. You read more on our company's media page.